Dear Sana Community,
Sana has spent a lot of time these past two weeks reflecting on the current events in our country, and the systemic problems leading us to this point. We knew immediately we wanted to be a part of the solution and not a part of the problem.
As a small and diverse company, we also knew we wanted to take the time to listen to our employees and consider their input as we march forward with commitments as a company.
After a lot of consideration, we’d like to announce what we’ll be doing to help create a better Sana for all of our employees and members, and ultimately a better America for everyone who calls this beautiful country home.
As a company, Sana commits to:
- Establishing Juneteenth and Election Day as company holidays
- Encouraging employees to take paid time off for demonstrations and volunteer opportunities
- Hiring all future employees according to the Rooney Rule
- Not participating in panels that lack women or minority panelists
- Matching employee donations up to $10,000 total for contributions made to NAACP, Black Girls Code, the ACLU, and Campaign Zero during the months of June and July
- Matching additional non-profit donations up to $250 annually per employee
- Requiring bias training for all hiring managers, while encouraging participation for all employees
- Continuing to sponsor Sana’s enthusiastic D&I program while creating a budget for future ERG groups, initiatives, and lunch and learns
Through these steps, we hope to make it clear we stand with vulnerable communities, and particularly the Black community at this historic time for civil rights. We are dedicated to these commitments and excited to see how they evolve.
To our members, and to those communities that need us most, this is one way the entire Sana team says “We got you.”
Will and Nathan