Last revised August 13, 2018
Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations.
- Sana Benefits, Inc.
- Attn: Legal Department
- Address: PO Box 660675 #35777, Dallas, TX 75266
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note About Children.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to the Company and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Types of Data We Collect.
We collect personal information from users, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, username and password when you create an account to log in to our Services (“Account”).
- If you are an Employee, the information you upload about yourself, or which your Employer provides us, including your name, age, date of birth, social security number, gender, number of dependents and their enrollment information, as well as any other information you provide in connection with your enrollments (“Profile”).
- If you are an Employer, we will collect the enrollment information you provide about your Employees, such as their name, date of birth, social security number and any other information voluntarily provided by you.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- If you use our chat support feature, we will collect your name as well as the content of your messages in order to provide you the support you request.
- If you sign up for our newsletter we will collect your email address.
- When you participate in any survey on our Services, we will collect your answers and add it to your profile.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or other promotion on our Services, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last name, and sometimes postal address to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We also collect personal information at other points in our Services that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages and emails. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
Information Provided by Third Parties.
If you are an Employee, we may receive information about you from third parties who administer or provide the insurance benefits made available to you by your Employer. For example, we may receive medical information from insurance medical providers, such as your name, diagnoses, the procedure(s) you received and amounts billed to you, in order to provide you the Services. The Company’s use and disclosure of any personal health information (as defined under HIPAA) will be subject to the terms of the Company’s business associate agreement between the Company, your Employer and/or your insurance medical provider(s). Location Information. We may collection location information, such as your zip code, in order to provide you with recommended doctors, physicians and other medical providers in your network near you.
We may collection location information, such as your zip code, in order to provide you with recommended doctors, physicians and other medical providers in your network near you.
Use of Your Personal information.
In general, personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- provide improved administration of our Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Applications and Services;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create anonymous data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Application navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of Your Personal information.
If you are a Member, the information in your Profile will be accessible by your Employer as well as any network partner, case management partner and/or payment vendor with whom your Employer has approved to take part in your insurance plan.
Third Party Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you; to fulfill your order or subscription for any products, services or other goods; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information.
You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Information.
You may change any of your personal information in your Account by editing your settings within your Account or by sending an email to us at the address listed above. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives or backups. We may also retain your information for fraud prevention or similar purposes.
Do Not Track Signals.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.